- BioMedSearch.com is a biomedical search engine NIH/PubMed documents, a large collection of theses, dissertations, and other proprietary publications not found anywhere else for free
Gale Medical Encyclopedia Collection
EBSCO Medical Databases
- Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine:
The encyclopedia identifies 150 types of alternative medicine being
practiced today. For the practitioner or interested patient, there are
current training requirements, listings of organizations, as well as
descriptions of treatments.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine:
This resource includes information on more than 1,600 medical disorders
and concepts. Each article includes in-depth discussion of causes,
symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, procedures, and other related topics.
It is written for a general audience.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer: This
is a comprehensive survey of 120 cancers, cancer drugs, traditional and
alternative treatments, side effects, and diagnostic procedures.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Diets - A Guide to Health and Nutrition:
This encyclopedia covers topics such as dieting and popular diets,
dietary concerns, nutritional basics, and the effects of a person's
dietary choices on one's health. It provides information across all age
groups from infants to the elderly.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders:
Search this encyclopedia that provides clear, complete information on
genetic disorders, including conditions, tests, procedures, treatments,
and therapies, in articles that are both comprehensive and easy to
understand in language accessible to laypersons.
- Medline Plus: Your
family’s trusted source for free, reliable health information can be
found here. Information is from the National Library of Medicine.
Funded by LiLI
- Consumer Health Complete: Consumer Health Complete allows you to search all of the following Ebsco Medical Databases simultaneously.
- Alt HealthWatch focuses on the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health care and wellness.
- Health Source Consumer Edition
provides information on many health topics including the medical
sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and
- MEDLINE Plus contains various types of health and medical-related information from extremely credible source articles from medical journals and encyclopedia, generic/brand name/herbal drug information, the latest health news stories, information on diseases, and directory links and searches for hospitals, dentists, doctors, and other healthcare specialists.
Funded by LiLI