Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
2019 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
The City of Lewiston is now accepting proposals for activities and projects benefiting low- and moderate-income Lewiston residents.
Based on prior year allocations, the City expects to award approximately $200,000 in CDBG funds to selected, eligible projects. The primary purpose of the CDBG program is to fund community development projects and programs, which benefit low- and moderate- income people. To use CDBG funds most effectively, the City will prioritize projects which address identified needs in the 2018-2022 Consolidated Plan.
Priority needs identified in the 2018 to 2022 Consolidated Plan:
- Support the development of affordable rental and owned housing, including projects located near employment and transportation.
- Extend the useful life of existing affordable housing through weatherization, repair, and rehabilitation programs.
Homelessness & Homelessness Prevention
- Assist persons who are homeless through emergency, transitional, and permanent housing and supportive services.
- Assist households at risk of homelessness.
Non-Housing Community Development
- Fund non-housing community development activities that eliminate blight, improve safety, and support new affordable housing development, such as sidewalk construction and repair, street improvements, transportation improvements, ADA improvements, and other allowable infrastructure or facility improvements not listed here.
Public Services & Economic Opportunity
- Fund projects that provide supportive services to low and moderate income households, as well as special needs populations. Includes but is not limited to medical and dental services, childcare, mental health and substance abuse services, services for victims of domestic violence, transportation assistance, and other allowable public services not listed here.
Fair Housing Education & Enforcement
- Provide fair housing education activities to the general population and vulnerable groups.
- Fund targeted fair housing such as complaint handling services and enforcement.