Annual Plans & Reports
As an entitlement grantee, HUD requires the City of Lewiston to prepare an Annual Action Plan, 3-5 year Consolidated Plan and a Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER) in order to receive CDBG funding.
Annual Action Plans
The City of Lewiston is required to prepare an annual action plan to notify citizens and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) of the city's intended actions to occur during that specific program year. The action plan identifies the objectives the city hopes to achieve and outlines the activities the city will undertake to achieve those objectives.
2023 Action Plan - See 2023-2027 Consolidated Plan
The five-year Consolidated Plan is for long-term planning purposes. It describes community development priorities and the multi-year goals based on an assessment of housing and community development needs, an analysis of housing and economic market conditions and available resources.
- Housing Affordability: Support the development of affordable rental and owned housing, and extend the useful life of existing affordable housing
- Homelessness & Homelessness Prevention: Assist persons who are homeless and assist households at risk of homelessness
- Infrastructure and Public Facility Improvements: Promote quality of life and neighborhood revitalization through improvements to current public infrastructure and facilities.
- Public Services and Economic Opportunity: Fund projects that provide supportive services to low and moderate income households, as well as special needs populations
- Fair Housing Education and Enforcement: Provide fair housing education activities to the general population and vulnerable groups and fund targeted fair housing activities such as complaint handling services and enforcement
- Program Administration & Planning: Funding for performance of administrative and planning requirement of the CDBG program
Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Reports (CAPER)
The CAPER is an assessment of the City of Lewiston's accomplishments toward meeting the priority goals outlined in the 2018-2022 Consolidated Plan to citizens and HUD. The CAPER provides a review and evaluation of the City's progress toward meeting the annual goals and outcomes as outlined in the Annual Action Plan and larger five-year goals identified in the Consolidated Plan.
Citizen Participation Plan
The City of Lewiston encourages citizen participation in all aspects of government and particularly through its CDBG program.
Amended Citizen Participation Plan
Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing (AI)
The AI is a fair housing review required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The AI reviews information and outlines impediments, or obstacles, to fair housing for its citizens, and describes the City goals of removing impediments and assuring fair housing choices for its citizens.
The 2018-2022 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice identified the following goals:
- Support development of new affordable rental housing
- Educate landlords and tenants on rights, responsibilities, and best practices for maintaining a positive relationship
- Landlord outreach campaign to encourage participation in Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Support development of accessible housing and permanent supportive housing
- Translate materials into Spanish
- Fund local fair housing outreach, education, and enforcement
- Review Zoning Ordinance for potential improvements.