- Community Development
- Building Services
- Community Event Signs
Community Event Signs
What the Code Says
Lewiston City Code Section 30-11 permits temporary signs within the jurisdiction of the City when approved by the Director of the Community Development Department. Copy is limited by Code to activities of churches, service clubs, or similar groups, or other special events such as fairs, races, and bazaars. The City of Lewiston has provided six permanent Community Event Signs; one placed in six of the seven City’s identified neighborhoods as shown in the Comprehensive Plan. The permanent Community Events Sign locations are as follows:
- 1537 Grelle Avenue (16th Street and Grelle Avenue)
- 1902 Main Street (Jack-In-The-Box)
- 2560 Snake River Avenue (North of Vista Outdoor, River Side)
- 2981 Thain Grade (Zion’s Bank)
- 402 Bryden Avenue (4th Street and Bryden Avenue)
- 655 Southway Avenue (7th Street and Southway Avenue)
View photos of the signs below.
Various Community Events & Activities Displays
These locations should be used to display signs announcing the various community events and activities. The use of the six Community Events Signs is free. The following criteria shall be met to place a Community Event Sign.
- Signs will be affixed to the city-provided structure no longer than 13 consecutive days.
- No more than one sign at each of the six sites may be placed to advertise any one event.
- Approval for such signs shall be made by the Community Development Director.
- Such signs shall be limited to 32 square feet in area.
- It is not legal to place Community Event type signs on Public right-of-way.
- Signs shall be placed in permanent Community Event Sign frames provided by the City. Signs must meet the size requirements of the frames provided. Placement of signs in the provided frames is to be on a first-come, first-served basis and will depend on the number of sign frames available.
- It is also recommended that the lettering on the signs be a minimum of 6 to 8 inches tall so the signs can be read from the roadways.